Tuesday 11 October 2011

I cried...

I'm not the kind of girl to cry at hulking great rugby players on the news (all bets are off, however, when it comes to fluffy dog stories).

But last night, while watching All Black fullback Mils Muliaina bow out of the Rugby World Cup - and his AB career - after breaking his shoulder in his 100th test on Sunday night, I lost the battle for control of my tear ducts.

Such a sad ending for a great player and, by all accounts, a thoroughly decent chap. But what really killed me was when Mils, fighting back his own tears, admitted how proud he was to be an All Black and a Kiwi.

Here's the link to the TV3 piece - not sure if it's available to be viewed outside of Aotearoa and I can't find it on YouTube. But if you do manage to view it, I'd defy you to also hold back the tears...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...