Tuesday 3 July 2012

RIP



"You are the butter to my bread, you are the breath to my life." - Paul Child (Stanley Tucci) to Julia (Meryl Streep), Julie & Julia


Yes I know I am terribly, terribly late with this one but it doesn't mean it hasn't been hovering at the edge of my  thoughts.

Last week, the world lost writer and film-maker Nora Ephron, a woman who gifted us movies such as When Harry Met Sally, Heartburn, Sleepless in Seattle and, probably my favourite, Julie & Julia.    

Thanks to her New York wit and ascerbic observations, she nailed the human condition, making me laugh and cry and look at the world through something other than weary eyes.  If I had even half of Ephron's writing talent, I'd be a joyous woman.

Just as soon as I scale freelance mountain, I plan to reward myself with an Ephron marathon: just me, the couch, copious amounts of red wine and as many of her movies and books as I can get my hands on.  

Missed, but never forgotten...

(Pic credit: The Guardian) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...