Tuesday 11 September 2012

Farewell

Today I spent two hours in a draughty old hall in Kilbirnie, saying goodbye to a former colleague who died suddenly last Thursday.

I sat next to David for 7-1/2 months at the last PR contract. He was sweet, gentle and the most generous person I've ever met. Almost every time I left my desk, I'd return to find chocolates or lollies on my keyboard. In the end, I had to ask him to refrain because I was putting on so much weight. Several of the speakers at today's service mentioned how the GDP of Belgium would dip now that David wasn't buying their chocolate.    

An intensely private person, David hated crowds and fuss: today he got both. I just hope he could see how much light he brought to so many people's lives.

Rest in peace, lovely man....  


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...