Sunday 9 June 2013

Best cake ever?

A friend at work gave me the recipe for this delicious lemon yoghurt cake. My fire-engine red KitchenAid, which cost the same as a small car and has been used exactly three times in the last six months, turned it into the work of a few minutes.

I made it yesterday for a friend who popped over and then unsuccessfully tried to hide it from the Animator, who has decided it is his new best friend. Every time I go downstairs, another slither has been carved off. But his enthusiasm is understandable because, and please excuse the shameless self promotion, this cake is the bomb. It is light and moist and moreish, a scrumptious dance with lemons and yoghurt and calories. I do believe it is one of the best cakes to ever emerge from my oven, and I don't say that lightly. Should you find yourself in the vicinity of my house in the next wee while, expect to be served this.

P.S As part of the whole self sufficient, Good Life vibe, the lemons came from the Animator's tree, the first fruit to do so.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...