Friday 14 February 2014

Summer Shakespeare

The last time I saw a production of Macbeth, it was in London's West End, the tickets were eye-wateringly expensive and I believe Brian May from Queen was playing the guitar (it was a rock version, if you can believe that). I also had considerably fewer years on the clock than I have now.

But the Scottish tragedy remains one of my favourite of the Bard's works. Tonight we've got free tickets to see it in the beautiful Botanic Gardens as part of Welli's 30th anniversary Summer Shakespeare festival. This time around we get to sit on a blanket, scoff a picnic and drink wine while Macbeth and his power-hungry wife slide into madness.

I know which version I prefer....


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...