Saturday 7 June 2014

Hot in the city

Apologies to y'all in the Southern Hemisphere but when Budapest puts on her sun-dress you'd better break out the SPF40.

On my way back from the world-famous Gellert Spa for a story, I passed a temperature sign which read 34 degrees. I am in heaven, albeit one where the air-con in my room is complaining about being cranked so high.

I have yet to upload pix from the ludicrously photogenic Bratislava (one of next week's jobs) or of yesterday's arrival in Budapest but here are today's. I also lucked out with my hotel room - check out this view of the Castle district from my window.











Minutes after photographing the delightful sculpture above, I introduced myself to this gorgy four-month old Schnauzer puppy, Rosie (and her owner, of course). Am missing my wee Bristol terribly.


And one more random pic - of last night's farewell dinner (in a castle, no less). It has been a fabulous media trip and I am sad to say goodbye to these new friends.

Below is the castle. Doesn't everyone get piped into dinner (note the musos on the balcony)?!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...