Tuesday 15 December 2015

Once upon a time

I was a full time freelancer, and the world economy wasn't melting faster than Arctic ice. Back then I used to get all manner of Xmas swag, from advertising agencies and clients and corporates with deep pockets and no taste.

These days, not so much.

But that isn't necessarily a bad thing, given I've reached peak crap. As in, I'm so full up with useless stuff, I don't need anyone bringing any more into my life.

This is the exception - a designer garlic crusher which was on my doorstep when I got home. A present from a very cool PR company I did some scribbling for a few months back. And hope to do so again next year.

A nice end to a day that started with a visit to the physio (I have, apparently, a 'bulging disc' which would be funny were it not so goddam painful) and went on to include a speech I had to write that refused to do what it was supposed to.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...