Monday 1 August 2016

Happy International Childfree Day!

A few weeks ago I didn't even know such a day existed. Until an invite from the Wellington Childfree Chicks group I belong to plopped into my in-box, inviting me to celebrate this global event which has been going since the 70s.

So last night I ignored the cold, and several impending deadlines, to walk to a pub at the other end of town for a drink with about 40 or so other cool chicks. It's not overstating it to say the evening was bags of fun and, along with seeing a couple of women from the last event who have now become friends, it was an opportunity to meet like-minded women, including a fabulous vet who let me bang on about Bristol for ages. And, as always, it was sweet relief to be with my peeps.

One of the best ways to close a weekend I can think of.


         

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...