Thursday 22 September 2011

Where is my stuff???

With the possible exception of war, natural disaster, fatal disease, hunger, loneliness, income tax, politicians, polar fleece and over familiarity with botox, there is nothing worse than waiting.

That’s a strong statement, I know, but you try and do without your beloved clothing and personal effects for THREE frickin months and tell me how bad you feel. Waiting for our ship to, quite literally, come in is excruciatingly painful.

Today, however, the door of my despair cracked open slightly to cast a tiny chink of light on the whole sorry situation: the Maersk vessel carrying our stuff has apparently left Singapore. It docks in Auckland on October 6 and the container is then loaded onto a smaller ship that is supposed to arrive in Welly on the 15th.

Expect days and days of shagging about by Customs and Ag & Fish operatives…and then, if I’m lucky, I may get to take possession of my possessions by the end of October (touching every bit of wood I can find that this happens, because I may combust with frustration if I have to wait any longer).

God of Making Things Happen, are you listening??

(Pic: Google Images)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...