Saturday 9 June 2012

Goodbye San Francisco

Dear SF,

For the past two weeks, you've fed, watered and entertained us.

We love your distinctive neighbourhoods, your eclectic and creative inhabitants, the fact that one minute we could be rubbing the cashmered shoulders of a dotcom millionaire, the next sharing a bench with an  odoriferous homeless dude.

We've been clasped to the bosom of your cool city, met incredibly nice folk on our various media gigs and made new friends who've invited us into their homes and been generous with their advice on where to go and what to do.    


But this visit has also been bittersweet: the thought clutches at my heart that this is the last we may see Ms Molly. She is, afterall, a grand old lady and her days may be limited. But, as ever, I am so very glad we got to spend this time with her. I am reassured that she is happy (how could you not in this amazing city?) and, in the words of my favourite e.e. cummings poem, I carry her heart with me....  

I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart)
I am never without it (anywhere I go you go, my dear; and whatever is done by me 
is only your doing, my darling)


Thanks SF, it's been a blast. Wintry Welly, here we come...

Shazzy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...