Monday 27 April 2015

ANZAC weekend

While others rose at dawn on Saturday to commemorate the 100th anniversary of NZ and Australian soldiers landing at Gallipoli, a combination of jet-lag and various viruses I've been incubating since last week's tangle of flights meant I was unable to join them.

Instead, we spent the three day weekend at the bach, which was just the tonic I needed. There was a fair bit of work (I started the first of the many stories on Oman and Dubai I have to write), as well as plenty of rest and work around the bach. We also had possibly our last barbie of the season on Sunday night. Oh summer, how I shall miss thee...


Apropos of nothing, I reckon the woodbox that was painted by my fair hands has come up a treat

       

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...