Wednesday 15 April 2015

HOT

Emails from home tell me that a polar blast is sweeping across NZ; here it's the opposite -  I spent most of the day turning into a barbecue spare rib in the 40 degree heat. Apparently the mercury is supposed to hit 47 on Friday. Yeah, I know.

First up are a couple more pics of last night's hotel - just gorgeous.



 Trying not to look like I'm wilting during a hike to see roses being turned into rosewater,

 Our guide for the morning was local lad Ali who knew everything there was to know about the flora and fauna of the region.













Later, we left the mountains and drove an hour or so to Nizwa, the former capital of Oman, where I tried to find whatever air-conditioned shelter  I could. Thank God for the souq (market) which at least was mostly under cover.
 




   

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...