Saturday 3 October 2015

New Orleans

I managed to find some time before my flight to LA so here goes:

We've just spent three nights in the Big Easy, possibly one of the coolest cities on the planet. It helped that the temperatures nudged 30+ degrees every day and that the honeyed, Southern drawl made me smile with delight.

You can't go long, or far, in this city without hearing the word Katrina. And while the scars of this devastating hurricane a decade ago are still evident in some parts, this city has a PhD in reinventing itself.

There was an evening class at the Louisiana Cooking School (and the best gumbo this side of Tennessee), a swamp tour (check me out with the baby gator), a dinner cruise on the Mississippi River and lots and lots of great jazz, good food and sunshine. NOLA might just be my new best friend.


























     

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...