Sunday 8 October 2017

World Animal Day

Three years ago I went to my first Wellington SPCA Blessing of the Animals which celebrates World Animal Day/the feast of St Francis of Assisi. It was so much fun that I vowed to attend every year.

Except the last two years I've been out of the country/at a work event I couldn't get out of, respectively. So this year, when the invite plopped into my inbox, I was keen as could be.

Yesterday, around a hundred of us - and assorted dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, rats and even a llama - braved the rain to crowd into Wellington Cathedral and give thanks for our furry friends. It was so lovely to see old mates and Bristol was beside himself with excitement. In fact, he's still sleeping it off.





    

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...