Regular readers will know that Shazzy got a bit bashed about by life in 2011. There was the second redundancy, the 'where should we live?' debate, the having to move 12,000 miles in two weeks. But it all came right at the end – a lovely new house, great contract and adorable doggy. Here's hoping 2012 is even kinder....
1. WHAT DID YOU DO IN 2011 THAT YOU'VE NEVER DONE BEFORE?
Discovered the joy of car boot sales; packed up my life in two weeks; renovated a house; had a mammogram (won't be rushing back for another - ouch!) and finally felt comfortable about my place in the world, both physically and mentally.
2. WHICH COUNTRIES DID YOU VISIT?
The UK, Malta, US, Dubai, Ireland, Hong Kong.
3. WHAT DID YOU WANT THIS YEAR AND GET?
Travel adventures, a lovely home and dog, to be back in a healthy economy.
4. WHAT DID YOU WANT THIS YEAR AND NOT GET?
A tardis to drop in on my Bristol mates whenever I want; to make it to the Cotswolds for Anita and Gary's Wedding of the Year; a Kitchen Aid.
5. WHAT DO YOU WANT IN 2012 THAT YOU DIDN'T HAVE IN 2011?
The aforementioned tardis: seriously sciencey-type blokes, get a move on already. A Kitchen Aid (Animator, are you listening?)
6. WHAT DATE FROM 2011 WILL REMAIN IN YOUR MEMORY AND WHY?
The date in July when the Animator was head-hunted back to Welly – and realising we had two weeks to cut our ties to the UK; having to say goodbye to our lovely friends.
7. WHAT DID YOU LEARN THIS YEAR?
Saying goodbye never gets any easier; the old chestnut about 'not sweating the small stuff' is actually true; I got better about defining my boundaries and walking away from people and situations that no longer suited me. In your eye, horrible people!
On a practical note, that stripping wallpaper is the work of the devil. Oh and that false eyelashes and I will never be close.
8. WHAT WAS THE HIGHPOINT OF THE YEAR?
Carbooting with my gorgeous mate Anita – wish we'd discovered our mutal interest earlier; the thrill of winning an eBay auction; seeing Ms Molly in January and March (thank you horrid contract for the work trip!); getting the keys to the new house; all our stuff arriving from the UK in one piece and regular clothing parcels from Anita, my sartorial guardian angel.
9. WHAT WAS THE LOW POINT OF THE YEAR?
Saying goodbye to friends; not getting the gig in Singapore; being made redundant for the second time in six months.
10. WHAT DO YOU WISH YOU'D DONE MORE OF IN 2011?
Yoga; spending time with the people I love and respect; reading.
11. WHAT DO YOU WISH YOU'D DONE LESS OF IN 2011?
Wasting time with inappropriate people; drinking red wine in dodgy pubs; living in a shit-hole in Bristol; certain work contracts.
12. DID YOU SUFFER FROM ILLNESS OR INJURY?
Touching every piece of wood I can find, but thankfully no.
13. WHAT WAS THE BEST THING YOU BOUGHT?
Easy, the new house which I am in love with; plane tickets to exotic places; oodles of carboot/charity shop/eBay bargains.
14. WHO OR WHAT DID YOU WANT TO LOCK IN A CUPBOARD AND THROW AWAY THE KEY FOR IN 2011?
Sorry to be so predictable, but the list is pretty much a repeat of last year: breeders with screamy, uncontrollable brats; bastards who do unthinkable things to animals; the rubbish UK economy. Certain bosses also deserved a bluddy good slap.
15. WHAT WERE YOUR FAVOURITE MOVIES THIS YEAR?
Four Lions (okay so I might have seen this at the end of 2010 but a year later, I'm still raving about it); Crazy, Stupid Love; Blue Valentine; The Boy in the Striped Pajamas; Toast and, of course, I'm morally obliged to say Tin Tin.
16. WHAT WERE YOUR FAVOURITE TV SHOWS?
Downton Abbey; Californication; Raising Hope; Modern Family; Glee and X Factor USA.
16. WHERE DID YOUR MONEY GO IN 2011?
See question 13
17. DID YOU ACHIEVE YOUR NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS? AND DO YOU HAVE ANY FOR 2012?
Yes, I was after more certainty in my life in terms of where and how I was going to live and we achieved that, so well done us.
On the list for 2012 is more exercise, learning Spanish and organising a kick arse trip for the Animator's milestone birthday.