Saturday 21 January 2012

RIP to a legend

I've never been the kind of girl who wanted a big, fat white wedding. Don't get me wrong - I love dressing up and attending them, but convention and I have never been close and a wedding stage managed to within an inch of its life is just something I've never wanted for myself.

Which is probably why I got hitched in Vegas for a magazine story (hey, it was free!)

I don't regret it for a nano-second, but if I'd ever travelled the traditional route then the song I would have chosen for the first dance would have been At Last, by the legendary Etta James. Classic, soulful and oh so classy, I think I've been in love with this song for as long as I've drawn breath.

Yesterday when I heard the news of James' death, I found this clip on YouTube and played it over and over.

Sing with the angels, Etta. At last, your pain is over.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...