Thursday 19 January 2012

When one door closes....

Last week I received a random call from an airline asking if I'd be interested in a media junket to Tasmania. Duh, that would be like asking Nicole Kidman if she'd like more Botox.

But this week it transpired that my timing is off and the junket coincides with a series of roadshows I've organised for the day job which, of course, I'm obliged to attend. So no free trip to Tassie for this little girl, then.

On the other side of the ledger, this morning I received an email from my gorgy florist mate Gina from Bristol who is coming to NZ for a few days in March! It's hard to be sad when one of the loveliest people on the planet will be living under your roof. And yes, it has occurred to me that if I'd gone to Tasmania then I wouldn't be able to take time off work when Gina is here so it's all worked out for the best, yada, yada.

Having wrapped myself in the cloak of positivity today, I realise that missing out on the trip isn't the end of the world. But please let me have my moment of sadness, of railing against the Gods of Timing who sometimes really, truly SUCK.



(Pic credit: Google Images)

2 comments:

  1. Timing is never great. Once house and job have been sorted we'll be there too. Chin up what's meant to be will be. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, you are so right, honeybuns. And hey, it puts me in pole position for the next junket hopefully to more exotic climes than Tasmania, so all good.

    Good luck with the sell off and moving, etc - know how draining that can all be.

    SSx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...