Monday 23 January 2012

A Bank Holiday Monday

There are a number of ways to spend Wellington Anniversary Day.

Because the Animator is at work and yesterday's visit to the farmer's market yielded oodles of fresh fruit and veges, I chose to spend some of it with the divine Yotam Ottolenghi. You'll have heard me rave about this London-based culinary genius here, here and here (keep up) but I swear, if I wasn't married and he wasn't a celebrity chef who lived 12,000 miles away, I would definitely be a starter.

Today, after a welcome sleep in and breakfast with my beloved copy of Ottolenghi's Plenty, my furry chef de partie helped me douse kumera (sweet potato) wedges in cumin and chilli, bake them and serve them with a generous dollop of yoghut and tahini. I may have forgotten to add some finely chopped garlic to the dipping sauce, but it mattered little.

Later there will be a doggy walk, some face time with English magazines like Elle and Red (yes, Wellington Library is still running its freebie Thursday magazine loans) and yoga.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...