Wednesday 29 January 2014

Adventures in biopsy land

Just after 10.30am today, an extremely skilled surgeon slid an indecently large needle into my left breast and withdrew tissue from the lump that's been playing hide and seek for the past year or so.

I'll spare you the details of the numerous attempts this lovely woman had to make (I, apparently, have the dubious honour of having some of the most dense breast tissue this remarkably young looking mother of five has ever seen). I have no wish to slip on the wings of self-pity, except to say that it hurt like hell and wiped me out completely.

The good things? The place I was supposed to contract to today let me work from home and while I did manage to bash out a few deliverables, I've spent the whole day feeling sore and a bit yucky (okay, maybe this should fall into the not-so-good column).

I also got to enjoy a Bounty Bar on the way home (it was practically prescribed by the surgeon  who suggested I needed to keep my blood sugar levels up).          

The worst? Where do I start? I'm also slightly peeved I had to miss the usual Wednesday night running group (no exercise for 24 hours) and that I couldn't walk His Highness. Fortunately the Animator came home at lunchtime to take care of that.

But at least it's done - and I have the angry latticework of bruises to prove it. Now I just have to wait for the results...

Today, more than ever, I need something beautiful to rest my eyes upon so the visual is, what else, but cute canines.







(Pic credit: Tumblr)


   

2 comments:

  1. Gosh Shazzy, had no idea you had to go back for a biopsy. Hope you're feeling better today. Try not to focus on the two week wait and think positive! And be nice to yourself (another Bounty Bar, maybe?!)

    Mel xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sweets. Thankfully frantic with work so no time to dwell on what ifs/maybes etc...And red wine is certainly helping!

    SSx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...