Wednesday 22 January 2014

Going backwards

Today I started back at a previous contract I left almost a year ago. A wise old friend warned me against it, suggested that one shouldn't go backwards.

As with most things in life, it turned out to be okay. There is a shit-tonne of reading, writing and strategising to do (more than I expected) and, of course, it all has to be done by yesterday. But the hourly rate is good and it's only two days a week (the other three are taken up with the copywriting gig I've been at for the last seven months) and it's only for a month or so. Best of all, I can do the bulk of it from home.

In the meantime, all my other freelance stuff will grow mould waiting for me to get to it, but oh well.

A friend sent me the following quote today; it's a timely reminder not just to run from one contract to another, or from one workplace to another, but to grab what I'm doing and squeeze the bejesus out of it.      
"I began to realize how important it was to be an enthusiast in life. [He taught me that] if you are interested in something, no matter what it is, go at it at full speed ahead. Embrace it with both arms, hug it, love it and above all become passionate about it. Lukewarm is no good. Hot is no good either. White hot and passionate is the only thing to be."
Roald Dahl

One thing I am passionate about is the running group; this week I've signed up for two events - tonight and Saturday. Let the fat begone...

Today's visuals are of something else I'm truly, desperately passionate about - the furry love of my life.



   

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...