Friday 14 August 2015

Visa Wellington on a Plate

Back in June, you might recall, I was invited to the launch of Visa Wellington on a Plate (or WOAP as we prefer to call it).

Today I got home to find the courier had delivered my media accreditation for the month-long scoff-fest that starts today. My elastic-waisted trousers have been ironed.

In other news, I just finished a gut-wrenching interview with a young chap who has lost track of the number times he tried to commit suicide. But he is now planning an epic journey around NZ to raise awareness of mental health issues, especially among teenagers. Can't say too much but will link to the story once it's published. But jeez, talk about an intense interview. Fascinating stuff though and I was truly humbled by his honesty and integrity. As he said to me, "I spent every day of the last 10 years wishing I was dead. Today, I'm happy to be alive."

As we all should be. Happy weekend, y'all...



     


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...