Wednesday 8 May 2013

Huge fist pump...

Sadly I wasn't able to be there (see previous whingeing posts) but last night not only did I win the Newspaper Story of the Year I also, by some odd combo of madness and luck, took out the CATHAY PACIFIC TRAVEL WRITER OF THE YEAR!!!!! Click here to read the media release. 

Yes, I almost needed the smelling salts when they told me.

Thank you to the judges, Travcom and, of course, Cathay Pacific for giving me lots of lovely moolah and a  trip to Hong Kong which just happens to be one of my favourite places on the planet.

If I wasn't still feeling so ruff, I'd be breaking out the bubbly about now...



(Pic credit: Google Images)    

3 comments:

  1. Woo hooo! Go girl. That is FANTASTIC news.

    Well done you. You deserve every bit of glory. Hope you're feeling better soon cos you need to celebrate with some bubbly!

    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. HUGE congrats! Your writing is freaking fantastic - you deserved to win. Whoop whoop! Dinner & drinkies to celebrate?
    xtab

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sarah and Tab, still in a bit of shock, tbh.

    But would love to celebrate when I finally manage to kick this lurgy to the kerb.

    SSx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...