Thursday 29 August 2013

It's almost time to

climb out of the writing salt mine for four days.

Tomorrow at the stupidly early hour of 6.00am we will board the big silver bird for the three hour flight to Brisbane. And then the train to the Gold Coast.

Today has been a frantic blur of day job, meeting freelance deadlines and coralling the last items on my to-do list. The Hound's sitter has been briefed and friends roped in to walk him while our sitter is at work. The bags have been packed, along with the SPF (hello 28 degrees).  

I haven't seen the Parentals for a year and a bit so it will be good to catch up, although I will miss Bristol terribly. Someone else we still miss is this wee chap; yesterday marked four years since he set off for Doggie Heaven. My voice still catches in my throat whenever I say his name.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...