Tuesday 30 November 2010

How to win a GrandSlam

As a journalist, I've written about everything from politics and financial markets to interiors, fashion and travel. But only once have I strayed into rugby writing territory, and that was when I was a baby scribe on a provincial paper and the regular writer was too hung-over to get out of bed. As the office junior, I drew the short straw. Let's just say I ended up getting the photographer to re-write most of my crappy scrawl, and draw a veil over the whole sorry experience.

No surprise then that I'm not going to offer a searing dissection of the All Black's brilliant win against Wales, of Hosea Gear's two tries, Daniel Braid's red card or of my homie, Nonu, taking to the paddock at the rump end of the second half.

It's enough to know that we had a brilliant time with Sarah and Grant, who came to stay with us from London - even if it was the coldest November night in Cardiff for 89 years. Much fun was had post-match before stumbling home on the last train. Also ran into a Kiwi friend I hadn't seen for years and made some new Welsh ones.

The 37-25 result, and winning the GrandSlam, was nothing to sniff at either...








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...