Wednesday 31 October 2012

The Summer of YES

In the book I'm reading at the moment (Girls in White Dresses by Jennifer Close, since you asked), the main characters embark upon the Summer of Yes, in which they agree to attend every invitation or opportunity that comes their way.

And although it's slightly exhausting, no-one dies and nothing bad happens. In fact, a few Very Good Things happen.

Apropos of nothing, I have decided to do a bit of literary shoplifting and adopt the concept. I will say Yes every time someone asks me to do something, attend something or show up. And I will enjoy it. Now that I've written it down, I have to go through with it.

It started well enough: yesterday I said Yes to a event manager friend's high tea on Sunday (it's an annual thing she does which pivots around judging table directions). It's not really my cup of green tea but in the spirit of the Summer of Yes (SoY?) I have embraced my inner Martha Stewart.

I have also just RSVPed to a neighbour's invitation to attend their birthday party, which will be on a boat-cum-restaurant they own. I am on a roll.        

If nothing else, the SoY may be one way to crest the rising tide of crazy that I increasingly find myself paddling in...


(Pic Credit: Google Images)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...