Sunday 17 April 2016

Lonely

No, not me. Lonely is the name of a Kiwi lingerie label (yeah, I don't know why either) and I wrote about their swanky new Wellington branch for Interior Magazine (click here to read).

Actually, today was anything but lonely. I spent several hours with my friend Susan, drinking various hot beverages and catching up on the last two years. I worked with Susan about nine years ago; two years after that she and her hubbie moved up near Whangarei, to live out their Good Life fantasies. I last ran into her in the departure lounge at Auckland Airport - she on her way home from a visit to her daughter in Welli, me on the last leg of a 24-hour schlep from Europe. I don't think I was making much sense.

Anyway, Susan was in Welli this weekend before flying to Portugal for three weeks so I managed to wedge myself into her busy schedule and we chatted and gossiped and laughed.

As we are thinking of following Susan's lead in the next few years- ie upping sticks to live off the land - it was great to get her take on it.

Not a lonely Sunday by any stretch of the imagination...



   

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...