Thursday 10 November 2016

Best front page ever

Good on the Dom for having the cojones to run with this front page today



It was a terrible, terrible night and an even worse morning. That this fat, orange, non tax-paying twat has gatecrashed his way into the most powerful job on the planet beggars belief. I fear for everyone who isn't a white, uneducated male with an overdeveloped victim complex.

Will he build the wall first or ban abortion, I wonder? Or will he focus on making gays 'straight' and inviting his KKK mates into office?

I'm off to Bunnings so I can start building my bomb shelter. But before I go, here's a comment from the excellent Cup of Jo blog out of NYC - an open letter to those who voted for this buffoon:

To everyone who is happy today,
I honestly hope you get what you wanted. Your capacity to accept racism, degradation of women, mockery of the disabled, unabashed tales of sexual assault, incitement of violence, and religious persecution is astounding, and I hope founded out of a deep desperation to help you and yours. In the meantime, please understand that the rest of us will be fighting to protect ourselves, our loved ones, our neighbors, friends, and above all, people we’ve never met, because your path to happiness will not be allowed to crush the rest of us along the way, and you have given us no indication that you care about the wellbeing of anyone else but you. I hope that someday you will find the same capacity for love and understanding that drove my vote yesterday. 

2 comments:

  1. Bravo to you Shazzy and to the Dom. God what a horrible few days it's been. I hate to say it but things will definitely get worse before they get better. But aren't we so lucky to be in this wee backwater away from most of the world's madness?!

    Stace x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. Still keep waking up thinking it's all been a bad dream. Suspect many of us will feel like that for the next four years.
    SSx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...