Tuesday 26 October 2010

Day One

“After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb.”
Nelson Mandela


Today I laced up the hiking boots, dusted off the crampons and scaled the first day at the new job.

And I was straight into it, researching a 2,500 word feature and editing another. A highlight of the day was the weekly editorial meeting at which everyone shared an article they'd come across in their leisure time that engaged them either because of its content, layout, writing style or combination thereof. I swear, I extracted more enjoyment from that one hour than I experienced in the entire four months at the previous horrid contract.

And oh, sweet Jesus, it felt good to be among my 'own' again – ie journalists, those irreverant, clever individuals with funny-bones so sharp they could almost slice open a vein.

Crossing everything on my person that I've made the right decision this time....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...