Thursday 28 October 2010

How to make pneumonia your friend

The other night, the Animator and I walked down the road to have drinks with friends.

As befits this time of year, and that time of night, it was about four degrees. Those of you who know me know that I HATE the cold, so I was appropriately attired in a thick coat, boots, gloves and a lovely new snood (an object that's as delicious to pronounce as it is to wear).

Sadly, I seemed to be in the minority: hoards of young girls out for the night were wearing what appeared to be three strategically placed Post-It Notes. Were they all on their way to a prostitutes' convention? Or is pneumonia the new black? Perhaps, as the Animator suggested, it's because visiting the doctor here is free, so the locals adopt an enjoy-now-suffer-later philosophy?

Made me shiver just to look at them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...