Sunday 1 June 2014

Better

After an indecent amount of sleep and an even more indecent breakfast (here's looking at you, strangely addictive Austrian pancakes), I got my head around the subway system and found my way to the Freud Museum. Under normal circumstances, I'd link to their site but the tablet is still stretching my patience so if you want to know more about this small but perfectly formed museum, based in the house where Freud lived before fleeing the Gestapo in 1938, you'll have to ask Mr Google yourself.

The sun also figured out what it was supposed to be doing and I wandered around the main shopping/eating area enjoying the warmth. And making friends with lots of Viennese dogs; I'd forgotten the civilised European attitude to pets who are allowed on the subway, in shops, etc. Bristol would be so jealous of all the canine mates I've made today.

Later there was a half hour run which was fabulous and in a few hours our group of 12 journos and 40 travel agents from NZ, OZ and the US will be meeting for dinner. Happy days.

Today's visuals are of the Freud Museum.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...