Thursday 23 December 2010

The Reunion


If you're the sort who doesn't like dogs (why are we even friends?!) or excessive displays of sentimentality, then look away now.

Seven and a half months after saying goodbye to the impossibly beautiful Molly, we were reunited on a rainy Tuesday night in San Francisco. All thoughts of the three-day delay, of the rugby scrum/riot that is Heathrow and of being fondled by customs were forgotten when we set eyes on Her Highness.

She cavorted, she yelped, she ran victory laps around us and pretty much forgot that she is, in fact, an old lady. Apart from my reunion with the Animator after a seven week absence earlier this year, I can honestly say I have NEVER been happier to see anyone in my life. I'm pretty sure the feeling was mutual.

When Her Ladyship calmed down, she sat there and looked at us as if to say, 'What the hell took you guys so long?' Her new dad Doug tells us that although Molly is exceedingly happy in San Francisco (who wouldn't be?), she sometimes looks for her 'other' humans. Well today those tardy humans finally showed.

And after the biggest hug in the history of the world, the Mollster jumped on her favourite couch and promptly fell asleep.

Today this glossy black dog made me happier than anything else on earth.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sharon - Just back from Melbourne/Sydney for the holiday...Nicole and I had a ball! When will you be back to England? Can't wait to hear all the news in-between-the-lines not posted on the blog..ahaha...did you see Liz/Bill?...write me! Great to see your pic's...wishing you and Marty buckets of health and happiness for 2011...no word yet on my immigration status...I'm weary of the whole process....hugs! Donna

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...