Wednesday 7 January 2015

Babies - and fire extinguishers

Today my friend Sarah brought over her five month old bubs Theo for a visit. It turned out to be a surprise for all for us.

Regular readers will know that I'm as far away from the child-friendly end of the spectrum as it's possible to get, but I figured that five months was small enough to fall under the radar of bad behaviour. Theo didn't disappoint: he slept most of the time and stared quietly and intently at his new surroundings while awake.

Bristol, of course, was simultaneously fascinated by the alien sound of babies crying and jealous as hell when I carried Theo and made the appropriate gushing noises. But it was great to see Sarah and we drank tea and caught up on months and months of gossip and industry news (Sarah is also a freelance journo).

As we were chatting a courier arrived with this parcel which turned out to be a thank you gift from the estate agent we bought the bach from.



Naturally, I got super excited about it containing some form of pressed grapes (as the size and shape of the box would suggest).

Imagine my disappointment when I opened it to find this:


I'm not ungrateful and of course smoke alarms and fire extinguishers are vital, yada yada. But not nearly as much fun as a bottle of bubbles. Oh well, as least we're covered in the fire prevention stakes. And it gave Sarah and me a mighty laugh.

Tonight is the first running group of the year - apart from a few runs on the beach over the break, I haven't been for a trot for a while. Wish me luck...
         

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...