Saturday 23 May 2015

Tiger, tiger, burning bright

Warning: excessive pictures of tigers follow.

We are now in Jaipur the "pink city" but in the last few days we clocked up three, count them, THREE tiger safaris in Ranthambore National Park. And unlike the British couple we met, who'd done 17 safaris and hadn't seen one tiger, we saw FOUR tigers, one on every safari. It was fricken unbelievable to be this close to the largest cat species in the world and I have been drunk on tiger love ever since.

NOTE: the Animator, as my official photographer, has way, way better photos (and a better camera) than me BUT the internet in our hotel room keeps cutting out (welcome to India!) so it's far easier for me to bung my pitiful pics on here in the meantime. Apologies as they in no way do justice to these incredible animals. One of the most amazing experiences of my life...





















Although tigers were the main attraction, there was also lots of other wildlife to fill our cameras' memory cards: the park is teeming with wildlife, such as bears, leopards, Nilgai deer, peacocks (the native bird of India, in case you didn't know) and, of course, the adorable langur monkeys. I could so easily have taken one of those wee monkey babies home...
  
    




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...