Tuesday 14 February 2012

How do you know you are loved?

Given my general dislike of Valentine’s Day (and last year’s anti-VDay effort), I thought this time around I should adopt a different approach.

So, about a week ago, I had a conversation with the Animator that went something like this:

Me: “Are we doing anything for Valentine’s?”

Him: “I think there’s a new telly programme starting on Tuesday. Can’t miss that.”

He sure knows how to show a girl a good time, that one.

BUT I can forgive a man anything if he builds me a wardrobe to house my indecently large collection of coats. And this past weekend, the Animator put in a MASSIVE effort to get the job done.

Building this wardrobe is, for me, the romantic equivalent of winning Lotto. I am, in case you hadn't noticed, a woman who expends far too much money, energy and time amassing garments (some people collect stamps, I prefer clothes), and it’s a huge relief to be able to finally liberate my coats from their overcrowded space.


And although we agreed not to, the naughty boy also bought me some flowers (Christmas lillies, my favourite) and chocolates. Then there was my best Valentine's present EVER:

2 comments:

  1. You gotta love him! Does it have added space contingency for the coats you don't yet know you want which will fly across from England? I am spending valentines on the bypass with my two lift shares, big accident on the road. I can honestly say this is a first, fish and chip take away some time tonight on the way home! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, he is a good boy! And yes, there is ANOTHER matching wardrobe on the other side of mine - so LOTS of space for lovely English coats! And jackets and .....

    Poor you - hate to think how long it took you to get home. Any progress with the house move?

    Ssx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...