Saturday 4 February 2012

Thank God for bank holidays

Is there any better feeling in the world than waking up on a Saturday and knowing you have three full days before you have to return to the work gulag?

Slight headache from too much red wine last night and, despite looking down the back of the sofa, I still can't locate my energy. The huge work week seems to have forgotten to return it.

On the plus side, I have just had the best news in ages – we are going to swap houses with our friends in San Francisco for two weeks in June-ish! Which means we get to see the divine Ms Molly again. I miss that wee doggy so much my teeth ache and, given that she is 15 soon, it may well be the last time we see her. Of course, I also get to spend time in one of my favourite cities on the planet and, just quietly, shop here and here.

I cannot describe to you the ways in which today's news has made my spirits soar...



2 comments:

  1. Shopping right now and wish you were here, miss you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Major envy alert!! Wish I was shopping with you too - was telling a friend about that day we had doing the CS's around Bristol - God, that was speed shopping at its best!

    Don't worry, my love, I will be back after the Olympics to do the same so start booking some time off work.

    Good luck with the boots on Sunday - hope it doesn't snow!

    SSx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...