Wednesday 6 June 2012

Sunday's antiques and collectables fair

Apologies, I am currently marinating in holiday juices so have neglected the blog.

But here are a few visuals of the Alameda Antiques and Collectibles Faire we went to on Sunday. Held on the first Sunday of each month, it's the biggest of its kind in Northern California and is, quite simply, mind blowing. I thought the English car boots were cool, well this place blew them clean out of the water.

And check out the Tiffany box blue sky: we turned up unprepared for how hot it gets in Oakland, so suffered from a very mild case of heatstroke (I felt so ruff that I actually did throw up when I got home. And no, that has nothing to do with the tonne of caramel corn I inhaled).

But it was such a fun day and if I lived here, I would be buying up large. Restricted as we are to the 23kg weight limit, we did okay: an old Box Brownie camera, a vintage Boy Scouts of America bugle (far cooler than it sounds) and a former lab beaker which will make a fabbo vase. Oh and a vintage Chanel scarf for the grand total of $5. Score.

Here are some visuals....

        







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...