Thursday 24 January 2013

The one in which I realise I'm still mourning

So my gorgeous mate Frenchie (real name Christelle and yes, she is French; I amaze myself with my creativity sometimes) emailed from Bristol to say she was tootling around this blog and read about Molly.

She expressed sorrow and said, in her charming Gallic way: "I hope you are at peace with yourself. Do not be too hard on yourself. You are a great person and you take good care of everyone you love". I hope she doesn't mind me reproducing her words, but they were so overwhelming sweet. Along with a rush of love for my dear friend, I was reminded of our loss, of the Molly-shaped hole I now carry around with me.

It also reminded me of a story I read somewhere about a vet who had to put an old Irish wolfhound to sleep. The dog's owners brought their six-year-old son along to the surgery, thinking it would be good for him to understand what was going on. When it was over, they discussed how dogs have much shorter lives than humans and how sad that is.

Apparently the kid responded with: "People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life, like being nice and loving everyone. But dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to hang around as long as people".

Y'all know Shazzy's views on rug rats, but even this cold heart found that rather sweet. He's right, of course.

Pic today of, what else, but the Mollster's unadulterated beauty...


              

2 comments:

  1. That is pretty cute.

    Hope the sunshine helps to fill a little of that Molly-shaped hole. And of course Bristol can fill in some too.

    Have a great weekend and don't work too hard.

    Mel xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that honey bun. Yes, that sunshine sure is glorious....

    Ssx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...