Saturday 21 December 2013

Today

Was an intoxicating mix of canines, laundry and research on Dublin pubs (for a travel piece I'm doing to coincide with Paddy's Day. And yes, I realise that's three months away but most magazines have stupidly long lead-in times and it's one of the many stories I need to write on my two-week "holiday").  

On the good side of the ledger:

  • a long overdue freelance payment plopped into my bank account  
  • two new commissions (okay this happened yesterday)
  • an invitation to contribute book reviews to a major national magazine. Given the time it takes to digest four books each month, and the fact I've decided to focus more on corporate writing next year (it pays more and editors aren't such arses), I'm going to do it on a trial basis. But it was flattering to be asked and free books are never a bad thing.
  • my friend Donna came along to our Saturday morning doggie meet-up group; great to catch up on the gos. It's just a shame that Bristol took such a homo-erotic shine to her dog Billie.  
The not so good:
  • notification of my first provisional tax payment for 2014. Ta for the Xmas present, IRD.
  • too many mince pies
  • a half-arsed work-out
  • general exhaustion. One day I am going to wake up, look in the mirror and realise I have no need for concealer. I predict that day will come sometime in 2030.     
Today visuals are c/o this morning's meet-up group:







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...