Tuesday 29 November 2011

Like friendship crack

To say I've missed my UK mates since I've been home is to baste in the sour juices of understatement.

But tonight I was reminded of what friendship looks like when I shared plates of tapas and glasses of rose with Mary and Susan, former colleagues and two of the dearest women on the planet.

Susan has now decamped to the far north to grow veggies and live out her Good Life fantasies, while Mary and I don't catch up nearly enough. But when the three of us manage to align our diaries, we end up having the best time in the world. Tonight Mary let slip that her new photography book, which is published in June, features a dedication to myself and Susan, which must surely be up there as one of the nicest things anyone has ever said/done.

Call me a sentimental old fool but do you ever get the feeling that sometimes, just sometimes, you're in the right place at exactly the right time?

2 comments:

  1. The Good Life calls you Shaz - just name the date/day/weekend and we can show you a gravel road and a kikuyu stakeout in northland paradise... x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have no idea how much I look forward to that!

    Lovely to see you yesterday - take care and send me the link to your blog.

    SSx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...