Friday 4 November 2011

New opportunities and missing old mates


A world without new and exciting opportunities is not a world I’d like to live in.

So when one of my agencies called a few weeks back about a new contract, I jumped at the chance. Two interviews and a certain amount of hoop jumping later, and the six month gig is mine! I start in two weeks and am so glad for the opportunity to not only learn some new tricks but also to replenish the sinking pit that is currently my bank account.

But while the universe gives with one hand, it takes away with the other: as I write this, some of my favourite Bristol drinking buddies will be cracking open their first bottle of red; girls, I miss our legendary Friday night benders so much it physically hurts. Hope you have a wonderful, wonderful night and think of me 12,000 miles away, thinking of you….

(Pic credit: Google Images)

2 comments:

  1. Everyone here always thinks of you, I know i was when we were out last night too. We'll just have to make up for it when you're over here. We all love you to bits and miss you so very much xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh don't make me cry into my museli! I love being home and the new house etc but miss my Bristol buddies so much. Wish I could bring you all here. Six more months and we'll have the reunion to end all reunions! SSx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...