Monday 9 May 2011

Woop Woop

I am late coming to the party with this one, but word has reached me that Zara has opened its first store Downunder. Another outlet in Melbourne is to follow the flagship Sydney store next week.

Which means that my yearly trips to Hong Kong to worship at the temple of this Spanish retail giant will no longer be necessary (although HK remains one of my favourite places on the planet, so the Kowloon jaunts will no doubt remain).

European and American readers will probably wonder what all the fuss is about but the Antipodes has, until now, been a Zara-free zone. So allow me my moment of joy; today I am all about celebrating the superficial.


Sidebar: While we were in Malta last week, I tried on the most fabulous Zara shoes but because of budget airlines' idiotic luggage allowance, I had to say non, pas aujourd'hui. A girl with far too many clothes and accessories who, very soon has to figure out how to shunt them all to the other side of the world, has NO business buying more stuff. But last week I kicked serious butt in getting oodles of freelance copywriting/journalism work, so surely that deserves a reward?

Thank sweet baby Jesus there's a branch of Zara in Bristol...

2 comments:

  1. LOVE that store!! Dani and I just brought up big in Spain!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great stuff - am sure the Spanish economy needs it! And how good is it that we wont have to go without when we get home?!

    SSx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...