Sunday 21 August 2011

It's the little things...

Every Sunday should begin like this: with oodles of sunshine, strong takeout coffee and a visit to the Chaffer's Street Farmers Market where we bought enough fruit and veg to satisfy the 5+ a day police for some time.

Including, drum roll please, good old Kiwi kumera (sweet potato, for the rest of the planet). In the UK, my local branch of Sainsbury's only stocked the orange variety so today at the market I fell upon a bunch of the white puppies as though they were the last helicopter out of Saigon. Back at the hotel, I microwaved them, drowned them in oceans of tahini and blissed out. Oh kumera, you have been gone from my life for far too long.

Tonight there will be delicious Japanese food with my friend Donna. I like a Sunday that ends with good food and wine. As someone once said, it's the end of the weekend and it deserves a proper send off.

(Pic: Google Images)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...