Wednesday 27 February 2013

Thankful

Today we swapped out our usual Wednesday run along the waterfront for the Town Belt because it was too hot to run in the blazing midday sun (how often do I get to type those words in Welly?!)

About the halfway point, we met an Irish chap who was looking for the Lord of the Rings filming locations (here's an idea Wellington City Council, install better signage. I have been bailed up by tourists so many times asking where filming locations are, I've half a mind to set myself up as a tour guide).

Anyway, this lovely bloke was from Dublin and had been away from home for three weeks. He was missing his dog terribly and fussed over the Hound, praising his beauty and good nature.

He told me he'd wanted to visit New Zealand since he was seven years old. "You are so lucky to live in such a beautiful place. What a good life you must have," he said. He is right, of course. Although I've visited Dublin twice and adore it, I'm very glad I landed where I did.

Sorry to get all Oprah on you, but today I am very thankful for all I have. Especially this little chap....





      

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...