Sunday 17 February 2013

Tired - and full

It is noon on Sunday and all I want to do is lie on the couch and look at the back of my eyelids.

I spent most of yesterday locked in my home office with a colleague as we edited, re-nosed and cut and pasted words for a freelance copywriting gig I have taken on. At times it felt a little overwhelming, and we both looked ruefully out the window at the glorious sunshine and my neighbours going about the business of enjoying it. Still, it was nice to have someone to chat to as we waved our editing wands over the mound of copy.

Thankfully there was a chance later to sit in the garden and enjoy dinner with friends and their 18-week old Griffon puppy, Humphrey. He is too adorable for words.

There was also this mother of a pavlova from the Animator. It was all kinds of calorific wonderful but as I have no wish/need to consume any more, I am about to  take the leftovers to our tenants when we do our three-month property inspection this afternoon. Whether they like it or not.









No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...