Wednesday 30 May 2012

A golden day

It's one of the world's most iconic structures. Babies have been born on it, lives lost on it and more than 110,000 vehicles cross it every day. On Sunday, it turned 75 and today we did a walking tour of the Golden Gate Bridge for a travel piece I've been commissioned to write.

I first met the Bridge about six years ago when the Animator and I rode bikes over it for another story. We've since been back a few times but, by golly, it never fails to take my breath away.

 

Later, we drove to Haight Ashbury for a spot of lunch in the sun and some very welcome vintage/second hand store browsing. Note to Anita: I was so happy to be back in CS heaven, I almost prostrated myself and kissed the pavement.


2 comments:

  1. OMG! You know what the CS chic has SO missed you, it welcomes you back with open arms! I am sure you embraced it, lapping up goodies which you don't need but what the hell want, because you do, they look good and you love them! WISH i was there with you, in spirit I am there! Enjoy my gorgeous shopping buddie!xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks darling. A . A bit different from the UK CS - they're more consignment stores here. But was pretty restrained and only picked up a coupla things. Check me out - getting all sensible in my old age! But only cos Marty was in my ear saying "Do you need that? You've already got 10 like it. He's no fun to shop with, that one...

    Hope Gary is feeling better

    SSx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...